In light of the increasing need among healthcare providers to improve quality of services, cost efficiency and productivity of operations with regard to the complexity of healthcare data management, spurred by regulatory changes aimed at improving patient care, there is substantial pressure on players in the revenue cycle management (RCM).
Scope has an in-house team of medical professionals and a panel medical consultants across all medical specialties to cater to the need of healthcare providers. Scope's RCM support services include but not limited to:
- Converting medical diagnoses, procedures and instruments into universally-accepted codes for better integration
- Medical indexing and coding through ICD-9 and ICD-10
- Medical classification
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD10)
- Snomed CT
- Medical Subject Headings (MESH)
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- Mapping of clinical and non-clinical medical terminologies
- Quality Enhancements for clinical concept extraction
- Mapping and standardization of medical terminologies
- Quality Assurance for clinical coding
Scope's Information Security Management System is certified and compliant with ISO 27001: 2005, and further, it complies with various requirements of HIPAA.
Medical Coding Services
Scope offers expert medical coding services based on internationally acclaimed coding protocols such as (International Classification of Diseases) ICD 9 & ICD 10, SNOMED (Systemized Nomenclature of Medicine), MeSH (Medical Subject Headings), CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) etc.
Scope has executed ICD9 &10 coding assignments for some of the leading healthcare information publishers. Some of the documents coded using ICD 9 & 10 codes are:
- Monographs on diseases and other health topics
- Evidence based clinical pathway content
- Medical Journals catering to specialty medical topics
- Clinical review or medical case reports literature
In addition, Scope also has the experience and expertise in using controlled vocabularies such as SNOMED, MeSH and CPT for providing a more advanced coding of medical topics by different concepts such as diagnosis, drugs, treatment procedures etc.
Scope can also provide customized coding services with any other medical coding systems, e.g. IPCCC (International Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Code) for congenital Heart Disease, OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man®) for Genetic Disorders etc.