Description of services
Patent Landscaping analysis is a process of identifying and positioning of patented technologies with relevance to technology as well as competition. A landscape analysis provides with understanding of the entire technological domain, white spaces, key players and trends so as to enhance focus on research & development and bring about efficient utilization of the patent portfolio.
Licensee identification for potential In/ Cross/ Out Licensing opportunities are used for effective utilization of intangible assets - patents and also to enable ease of access to enhanced technologies to assist in efficient product research and development.
Specific Scope Offering
Our landscaping services provide you with a detailed picture of the patent technologies being analyzed, the relevant competitor landscape and an analysis of your relative positioning vis-à-vis other players. The Landscape analysis involves Patent Mining and Competitor Intelligence analysis. Our patent mining and competitive intelligence reports offer an extensive review of your patent portfolio.
Also, our experts will guide you on the latest technology trends and point out gaps in your existing portfolio. Scope's CI reports will cover the key aspects of your company with visual representations and statistical analysis as depicted.
Our Licensee Identification/ Commercialization Studies assist you to determine the unique opportunities that exist to commercialize your innovation and/ or acquire relevant and essential patents to structure your R&D efforts effectively. It helps identify potential partnership opportunities, enhances decision making for R&D investment/ In-Licensing and identifies suitable candidates for buying/ licensing your under utilized patents.
- Receipt of query from client
- Understanding of the Patent/ Technology and background research conducted
- Identification of appropriate analytical parameters and sources for the same to generate the proposal
- Preparation of proposal detailing our understanding, methodology adopted for each parameter, sources, etc.
- Proposal sent to client for feedback/ approval
- Client's feedback received and modifications made as and when required
- Client's approval received prior to executing project
- Dispatch to team dedicated for the assignment
- Relevant Data retrieval from free web sources
- Relevant Data retrieval from paid databases
- In-depth research on the yielded output
- Various analytics based on the parameters proposed
- Graphical representation & inferences of the researched data created
- Report generation
- Internal quality assurance conducted
- Preparation of Internal documentation viz. sources used, time spent and other metrics
- Dispatch to client team
- Feedback requested from client team
There are subtle variations in the methodology based on the specific nature/ scope of work.
- Identify emerging trends and patterns in innovation, inventors, etc.
- Comprehensive analysis of patent portfolios for due diligence exercises, IP acquisitions, channeling R&D investments, etc.
- Identify potential out-licensing opportunities for non-core technologies through a combination of overlap analysis; backward/ forward citations; business research, etc.
- Utilize patented technology to increase revenue by licensing it out
- Identify potential licensees and technologies to add value to existing portfolio as well as to accelerate product/ technology development
Our research expertise and in-depth experience in offering commercialization studies will help you take your product seamlessly from the development to the commercial stage.